Finding a Virtual Yang Teacher on Gaiam TV

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Robin

Finding a Virtual Yang Teacher on Gaiam TV

Post by Robin »

I am 61 years old and have been doing yoga for 3 years. I have fallen in love with Yin Yoga and do Bernie Clark videos on Gaiam TV. I divide my days between half yang and half yin and am doing Iyengar yoga for the yang practice. I'm more into meditative yoga and do not care for a fast flow. I'm doing my yoga learning on my own as I work a lot and live out in the country so can't get to town for classes. SO, my question is who would be a good instructor on Gaiam TV for a gentle and meditative yang practice. I'm quite dedicated and strong but some days I just need to be led through a yang practice instead of creating my own.

BTW, I work in a hospital on a med surg unit with lots of geriatric patients and am completely convinced of the merits of yin yoga for older adults. My hat is off to Bernie and company for their dedication to yin yoga. I plan to get certified and work in geriatrics in some capacity.
Bernie

Other teachers on GaiamTV

Post by Bernie »

Hi Robin

My apologies for the long delay in replying. Sometimes posts get lost in my mailbox. :(

Anyway: Gaiam TV does recommend you check out Rodney Yee's many videos. he may fit your desire for a more meditative yang practice.

Good luck!
Bernie
Robin

Post by Robin »

Thanks for your reply! I actually found an article somewhere (probably on this sight) that had a list of your videos that were yang so I'm doing those for now. Super love your style.

I also saw that you are writing a series of books on functional yoga. Can you tell more about the timeline for publication?

Thanks!
Bernie

When with Your Body - Your Yoga be published?

Post by Bernie »

Hi Robin.

Yes, I am working on volumes of a book series to be called Your Body - Your Yoga. I am hoping that Volumes 1 and 2 will be available early next year. They will be announced in the Newsletter and on my FaceBook page, among other resources.

Cheers
Bernie