yin yoga and pelvis strengthening for men?

This discussion group is for questions about Yin Yoga and other body parts, such as shoulders, feet, wrists, etc.... Also, this is the place to discuss various conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, etc.
carrierejohn

yin yoga and pelvis strengthening for men?

Post by carrierejohn »

are there any good yin poses to strengthen the pelvis for men?
Bernie

the pelvis?

Post by Bernie »

Can you be a bit more specific? When you say "pelvis" are you asking about the pelvic bones, the muscles, the perineum, the ligaments, internal organs of the pelvis, the prostate ... the pelvis is a broad topic. If you could tell me what specifically you are thinking about, I may be able to answer better.

Cheers
Bernie
carrierejohn

Post by carrierejohn »

I mean the internal organs of the pelvis the perinium and the ligaments the pelvic muscles and the prostate
carrierejohn

Post by carrierejohn »

also generally for sexual health as well.
Bernie

Yin for the pelvis

Post by Bernie »

There have been a few posts on this topic in the past. Perhaps you will find some of these interesting:

This first post is about Yin Yoga and the prostate.
This post is about the perineum and how we can use bandhas in Yin Yoga to strengthen this area.
You can visit this page for general interest in Yin Yoga and sexuality.

Generally, strengthening of the pelvic muscles is possible, but I would suggest mostly by using yang forms of exercise. Kegel exercises are great for men and women and are highly recommended! (See the bandha article for info on how to do them if you don't know.) If you still have questions after reading these posts, please let me know.
Cheers
Bernie