yin practise to heal chronic anal fissure

This discussion group is for questions about Yin Yoga and other body parts, such as shoulders, feet, wrists, etc.... Also, this is the place to discuss various conditions such as arthritis, osteoporosis, etc.
Justyna

yin practise to heal chronic anal fissure

Post by Justyna »

hello,

I have been a yoga practitioner for years but recently discovered a beauty and healing properties of yin poses.
I am particularly looking for poses which might help with healing my chronic anal fissure which is due to excessive rectum muscles tightness.
If it won't heal on its own I am meant to have an operation which I would rather avoid.
I will appreciate any advice.
Best Regards,

J
Bernie

Healing

Post by Bernie »

Hi Justyna

I am not familiar with your condition so I am not sure if Yin Yoga can directly help, however, if excessive muscular tightness is a problem yoga in general should provide some relief. As you no doubt already know, in our yoga practice we play our edges: go to where you are feeling something and then try to relax into that edge, to soften. Are you already doing something similar now?

Guided imagery in the chronically tight places may be helpful: imagine softening, letting go of tension, feel the yin aspect of your mental state - releasing and allowing.

Yin Yoga, on a physiological basis, works the deeper tissues such as the ligaments and joint capsules and not so much the muscles. However, we can passively release and lengthen the muscles via the Yin Yoga practice, thanks especially to the effects of Yin Yoga on the fascia found within the muscles. Poses like Butterfly (perhaps, in your case, with the feet tucked in closer to you), Happy Baby and Straddle (Dragonfly) may affect the area you need to relax. Try to do these poses while visualizing a softening in the whole region. Imagine your energy (Chi or prana) flowing through the tissues bringing healing along with the opening and releasing.

Let us know how it goes. You will have to be your own pioneer. Good luck!
Bernie