Time Flies When I'm Having Yin Yoga Fun

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
birdyroger

Time Flies When I'm Having Yin Yoga Fun

Post by birdyroger »

I am completely blown away at how time flies during a pose for me now. When I began, a 6 minute pose was like excruciatingly boring and I would fidget like a 2 year old, looking at my timer, thinking about this or that, moving my legs this way or that way, basically waiting for the boredom to be over. Now after perhaps a month of yin yoga, I just can't believe how 6 minutes flies by. It is like a whole new sense/concept of duration for me. WOW!!!.
Yin Yoga fanatic
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Yes, time is relative (said Einstein)!
birdyroger

Post by birdyroger »

I am positive that this experience of duration being variable is not what he had in mind. The objective and the subjective are sorta separate and only become united at God's feet, and I am deliberately using the phrase "God's feet" to be nebulous.

Another example is how we talk about "energy" all of the time, but the logical positivists and materialists will incinerate us when we use it when corresponding with them. I certainly feel the energy of prana, and it is way beyond good; it is wonderful. And I am sure that I am getting only the slightest whiff of it. But physical energy like electricity is so much lower than prana as to constitute a difference in kind not just degree.
Yin Yoga fanatic