Yin Yoga and migraine relief

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Amaya

Yin Yoga and migraine relief

Post by Amaya »

I was wondering if anyone had used Yin Yoga successfully to help deal with migraines. I suffer from migraines every month (in very direct link to my cycle) and was wondering if I should favour some poses during my practice. I practice Yin Yoga every day.
Thank you.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

You may find this earlier thread of interest. Let us know how it goes! Cheers, Bernie
Amaya

Post by Amaya »

Great, thank you. I'd not thought about wall yin but I think it might be worth incorporating that at some point. I'll keep you updated.
John006

Post by John006 »

Adho Mukha Svanasana is beneficial for migraine pain. In starting do it for 2-3 times and after sometime do it in the sets.
Amaya

Post by Amaya »

Thank you. I do DDog regularly but I will try and increase the number of times I'm doing it and the hold time.