Collagen, improvement in Yin Tissue & Yin Yoga

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Yoprihessy

Collagen, improvement in Yin Tissue & Yin Yoga

Post by Yoprihessy »

Dear Bernie,

I need your help to 'find' my curiousity about few things :

1. In some Yin yoga TT, teachers explain about how the technique to held yin posture (3-20 minutes) really can help to hydrate the Yin tissues.
Can you explain it more details? Maybe in chemical process ?
--> Because, some theory said that long stress applied to Yin tissues could damage those tissue itself.

2. Does the explanation from no.1 (above) also has relationship in increasing the quality of collagen in the body? Is there any chemical process explanation for this? Specifically for Yin Yoga.

3. If some theory said that too much & too long stress applied to Yin tissues are bad (could damage them) - how you can explain that Yin Yoga technique could do opposite way : improve Yin tissue & improve joint which has contracture. is there any research for this?

4. Heard some research that Yin Yoga also improve Imune system. They said the static stretch has anti-inflammatory & anti-fibrotic. Can you help to explain about this in detail?

Thank you so much ..
Namaste
Yo
YP
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Yo ... you have lots of good questions but to answer you fully would take me many hours of typing. Instead, can I refer you to please where I have already addressed these kinds of questions?

First, check out the articles in the Forum under the Science of Yin Yoga
Second, this is a good overall article In Defence of Yin Yoga
And finally, here is another article that may help you Yin Yoga, inflammation, fibrosis and cancer

Cheers
Bernie
Yoprihessy

Post by Yoprihessy »

Dear Bernie...

Thanks a lot, i will go through it first and hope i can find the answer there.

Many thanks Bernie!
YP