Is stress on CT something "natural" ?

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
xeniouska

Is stress on CT something "natural" ?

Post by xeniouska »

Hello,

In the nature, we see the animals exercising their muscular and cardio system. But I don't have recollection of them stressing their deep tissues ?
Do they ? Or what makes that they don't need ?

Thank you for your time Bernie.

That is a weird question, I know, but I believe important, as animals are so much more connected to their body's wisdom than we do.

Bests.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

When you say "deep tissue" are you referring to the connective tissue like fascia? I am not a zoologist and do not study animals so I don't know if they hold stretches. I do know that they pandiculate, which is like a stretching yawn, so they do stretch. And they play, which is a form of training. Also, predators do warm up sometimes, although not deliberately: they make a run, fail, wait, make another run, fail, wait and then they are warmed up and make the killing run. When I had a dog, I never saw her do anything like yin yoga though. I guess in daily life some animals may do this: horses hang their heads low when eating, that is a long held stress on their neck's nuchal ligaments, giraffes spread their legs apart when drinking, but they don't stay there for 10 minutes. I would be interested to hear what others think. Cheers1