Teacher Training Prices query?

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
SteveM

Teacher Training Prices query?

Post by SteveM »

Hi Yinsters
I am curious to get some guidance and feedback on Yin Teacher Training prices. I have been quoted US$4500 for a 10 day training in Thailand. Taking into account that a 200 hour 30 day training in Bali would be the same price I am curious to find out if US$4500 for 10 day in exorbitant or am I missing something here. Regards to all Steve
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

In my experiences, you will find prices all over the map! Retreats usually (but not always-its good to check!) include the cost of accommodation, but not of travel, so they tend to be on the expensive side. Local trainings tend to be the most economic, especially since you avoid travel and accommodation costs. If you are looking at the cost of a local training, rates can vary between $15/hour (low and rare) to $30/hour (usually only when you are getting a “big name, teacher.) But, not all the hours offered are contact hours, (10~15% may be self study hours), so you can factor that into your value equation. Final comment: which currency can also play a role in your evaluation. Up here in Canada I offer my Yin Yoga courses in Canadian $, which are about 20% cheaper than American dollars.

I would be interested in hearing other opinions too, but for a quick comparison, why not check out the Forum page on Yin Yoga trainings?

Cheers
Bernie
dave

Post by dave »

Make sure you get to know the people well before. There is a heck of a lot of really bad disappointment stories with yoga training.

$4500 is a really high price for 10 days.
SteveM

Prices

Post by SteveM »

I did a little more investigation and the price of the training without accommodation is US$400 per day for 10 day YIN teacher training in Thailand.

My thoughts are if that is what the person is charging and I dont like it then I just dont attend. Simple.

Thank you to those who replied it was very helpful. I know there are many wonderful teachers who will give coming to Australia in the future and I look forward to attending their workshops and training.

Steve
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

$400 per day! That does seem over the top....$50/hour. Wow. I hope for that price that the course is golden. Good luck.