Yin Yoga Benefits

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
mikymiles

Yin Yoga Benefits

Post by mikymiles »

I had rotator cuff surgery for a massive tear in November. The recovery is going much slower than I or my surgeon had hoped. I am able to spin, do Pilates, gentle Yoga and Cathe lower body workouts with a weighted vest (no weights yet) and I walk daily (walking is for my mental health).

Recently I have been experiencing pain in my left knee, lower back and wrist. It’s very discouraging trying to find the balance of keeping up with my workouts which I love and look forward to everyday and recovering from surgery and now all these aches and pains.

The other morning I got a You Tube notification for a Travis Eliot Yin Yoga class. I’ve done Yin before and didn’t really enjoy it much. I was so achey that morning I decided to give up it a try. It’s long (an hour and a half) but I felt really good after doing it and to my amazement the next day I woke up pain free. It may be a fluke but I’m going to keep doing it.
Bernie

Re: Yin Yoga Benefits

Post by Bernie »

That sounds encouraging. As you say, it may be a coincidence, but please let us know if you continue to feel better after a few weeks of doing Yin Yoga.

Good luck!
Bernie