Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Desire to only teach Yin?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Blogs about Yin Yoga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tcascanette

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 am    Post subject: Desire to only teach Yin? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am going through some transitions in my teaching path, and really listening to what my heart desires to offer. I have only been teaching since May of 2017, and I began with teaching a variety of different classes (Hatha, Flow, Ashtanga-based Vinyasa). It was great to explore different styles, and to develop my unique teaching voice while doing so. I have realized that I have such a pull, connection, passion, and understanding for teaching Yin Yoga. This being said - I have not yet actually taken a Yin Teacher Training course. However, I have taken the Yin components of 3 different 200hour trainings. And, I have been making my way through "The Complete Guide to Yin Yoga" - Thank you Bernie! And quite honestly....my body, mind and spirit - are all guiding me to continue teaching the Yin path. I have since changed one of my Hatha evening classes strictly to Yin, and I am feeling so much more connected and authentic in teaching.

So.....my question here is....

How many of us out here are solely Yin Yoga teachers? A lot of studios I have been to, have teachers who teach all different styles, rotating back and forth from class to class. I don't know if this is a silly question.... - but is it common for individuals to ONLY want to teach Yin? Is that where some of us here on this site, are in the same boat? I have so many different questions that could tie into this one.....is it OK to seek positions in studio, offering yourself as a Yin teacher only?

I am still teaching a Sunrise Flow class once a week - and I do really enjoy it - but there is something so different while I am teaching.....something only my heart can explain.

Is there any advice, from any teachers, who have made the decision to study, learn, live and follow the Yinside of offering/teaching?

I know this may be a question that has been dragged on......but I am super curious as to any insights that there may be on this topic! And maybe it seems so raw to me, as I am just having this realization --- after years of envisioning myself as a Vinyasa Flow teacher....and now to understand something so very different. I am daydreaming of holding meditation / reflective Yin workshops and retreats.

Haha. Oh Boy!!! Thank you everyone! And thank you Bernie Smile
Bernie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Teaching only yin? Reply with quote

Hi - your question is a good one. I suspect there are very few "Yin" only teachers out there. In the same way I don't think we should only practice yin yoga, as life needs a balance of yin and yang, I am not sure that I would ever want to only teach yin either. However, for real strong yangsters, more yin in their lives would be good.

When I started this Forum 10 years ago, it was a good place to get answers to this kind of question, but today I think you will get a better response if you post this on one of the Facebook Yin Yoga groups, such as the Yin Yoga Network. Why not try there and I know you will get many opinions on this!

Cheers
Bernie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Blogs about Yin Yoga All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: