Welcome to the Yin Yoga Forum

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is there any specific poses i should avoid with knee injury?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga and Knees
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackTangles

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Is there any specific poses i should avoid with knee injury? Reply with quote

As the title says, i'm coming off a knee injury and have a bit of a limp. I imagine i'll be good to go in a week or so but i was wondering if there's anything i should absolutely avoid or if i should just wait until i'm feeling a little stronger? thanks in advance!
Bernie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does your doctor say? It is not a great idea to seek medical advise over the internet, or from yoga teachers who are not therapists. A therapist can examine you and find out what the degree of strain your knee has undergone and from there recommend an appropriate treatment. Over the internet, without seeing you, someone may recommend doing nothing (Let it rest!), but that is not always the best advice...even injured tissues need some stress to help with the healing. But how much is too much? Only you and your therapist can determine that answer.

Whatever you decide to do, do it with intention and attention.

Good luck!
Bernie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    YinYoga.com Forum Index -> Yin Yoga and Knees All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: