Asanas and fibroids

Check out this topic for women who are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or who just had a baby or for any other issues related to sexuality for men or women.
Bernie

Asanas and fibroids

Post by Bernie »

Here is an inquiry that I just received that invites comments from any/all the women out there: any thoughts?

----------------------------

Hello Bernie

Am really enjoying the clarity of your videos online, and the subtle qualities that I've been experiencing in my home practice with Yin yoga. I combine this with more yang asanas.

I discovered Scaravelli yoga about two and a half years ago and it's been a wonderful undoing ever since...only today I had a very real sense of the subtle body doing it's thing, working it's intelligence and so freely finding energy from the ground up and down again - yes, that loop! And it's tuning into Breath that does it, eh. makes one feel light and fluid. I am a high energy (physical and nervous) and these days the energy is more evened out. And a bridge between my mat and life outside beginning to happen...

I have since Jan last year been having intermittent but chronic pain in the uterus (scan shows large fibroid very slowly growing. Am 50 so inclined to wait it out till it shrinks at menopause) it's behaviour seems so psychsomatic too...am very much in tune with the Somatic Movement school of thought, and cellular memory n moods etc.and in my metta practice!

You're a man, BUT if your female colleagues have any tips? am finding hip openers that create life to that orange chakra region, beneficial.

thanks
Maxine (U.K)

----------------------------

Hi Maxine ... You are right: I am a man have no personal experience of fibroids but I do wonder if working the Kidney and Urinary Bladder meridians would not be helpful for you. These meridians are very important for the lower body organs such as the uterus et al. Maybe you could try the flows shown in YinSights or the Complete Guide to Yin Yoga for the Kidneys and see if it makes any difference. There is also a Kidney flow on the Yin Yoga channel on Youtube: basically any of the Spine flows would work, but the 90 minute Spine flow may be best for you.

Some female yoga teachers with experience in this area suggest creating space for the growth. While no-one I know of has said that yoga can shrink the fibroids, it can help you deal with them. Butterfly is one pose that can create more room in the lower torso, and Saddle pose has also been of some benefit. As always, each yoga journey is different and unique: you will have to experiment with these postures and pay close attention to how you feel before, during and after the practice.

Please do let us know what your experience is - I am sure others would love to hear from you.

Cheers
Bernie
maxine badger

uterine pain and fibroid

Post by maxine badger »

well, yes a massive improvement since exploring these meridians in Yin poses/approaches..particularly dragon (breathing) and saddle and shoelace.
And visualising/sensing the pelvis as a bowl to sink in, when seated for slow, still moments. It intensifies the conscious flow of breath. Really do feel tension draining away into the ground, as I stay in a pose. To meet a more subtle and patient me!
thank you.
Maxine