Suggestions for Up-to-Down Sequence

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
toaster

Suggestions for Up-to-Down Sequence

Post by toaster »

I am thinking about planning an "up-to-down" sequence - e.g., starting with dragon on the knees, moving to seated poses, and ending with floor poses. Does this type of sequence make sense, and if so, has anyone done anything like this before and can offer suggestions? I don't want to completely reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. :?

Thanks for any wisdom or other help!
YogiBethC on FB, IG, and YouTube
Bernie

Re: Suggestions for Up-to-Down Sequence

Post by Bernie »

Start shallow and work to deeper. Starting with Dragon may be a bit too intense for many students. Take some time to work the targeted areas in simpler postures first, or be prepared with alternative postures to the Dragon for those students who cannot go so deep.

Cheers
Bernie
toaster

Post by toaster »

Thanks Bernie! I took an online yin training over the summer that was excellent but was focused mainly on anatomy, not so much on sequencing. The standing to floor idea might not make sense; it was just an idea I had.

I don't consider myself to be very naturally flexible, but personally I find Dragon to be one of the easier yin poses. Saddle is much more challenging for me.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

There is a section in YinSights on building flows, as well as in the Complete Guide to Yin Yoga. You can read the YinSights section here for free.
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

You could try our YouTube channel.
toaster

Post by toaster »

Sorry for the delayed response; thanks so much for these additional suggestions! I have been doing an occasional Friday night yin class at the studio where I teach, doing many of the poses at the wall; students seem to be enjoying it.