Advanced Principles of Yin TT - Manitou Springs, Colorado

This forum is for teachers and studios to announce any interesting news about Yin Yoga workshops, retreats and classes. This allows folks to add their information without having to wait for the Yin Yoga administrator to post the news. I would suggest to all posters - put the date of the training in the title/header. NOTE: this is only for Yin Yoga trainings: other trainings will be deleted.
durgaexcursions

Advanced Principles of Yin TT - Manitou Springs, Colorado

Post by durgaexcursions »

YIN YOGA immersion
-Advanced INTENSIVE-
20HR WEEKEND IMMERSION

Yin, Yang, and Mindfulness Methods

July 16-19th

Sunwellness center, Manitou Springs, CO

DURGAEXCURSIONS.COM

Yin Yoga is a transformative and rejuvenative practice that seeks to mindfully lengthen and lubricate the connective tissues by practicing the methods of stillness, mindfulness, and loving kindness. This practice is an opportunity for neuroplastic molding of the rest and digest function of your brain, empowering practitioners to beckon the brain into a restful and restorative Theta Brain Wave state to increase immunologic function.

Radiating with ritual, this integrated wisdom practice is a tool to rise to your intrinsic baseline of tranquility, recall your innate ability for spaciousness, and remind your system of its unique anatomical, structural, and emotional wholeness.

This training will focus on the cultivation of an enriched Pranic field and an in-depth investigation of Buddhist Philosophical Principles- which we mingle with psychological self-inquiry and awareness practices in Yin Yoga Asanas. This course offers advanced anatomy and physiology, Yin & Yang Posture Clinics/Asana Labs, Restorative Yoga, Neuro-physiology of the Autonomic Nervous System, Traditional Chinese Medicine Meridians, and methods for routine mindfulness.

"I would not change anything about the Yin program! I felt everything was by design and for our learning. It was truly life changing in such a beautiful way for me! My heart is filled with such gratitude!" - Practitioner

“I have found my style and can't wait to teach yin, - Practitioner

“I learned that you can't release things unless you are aware of them and they come to the surface. With that comes pain but then liberation just like in yin yoga, you move into a pose and as you lengthen emotions arise and then they slowly begin to release. Yin yoga and the energy from the space created by Durga Excursions has enabled me to stretch beyond grief and fear. After every training I feel lighter, - Practitioner

- A focus on the inner methods.
- Mindful Practices & Mapping the Energy Body through Meridians
- Structural Restoration - the Nervous System & Neuroplasticity
- Yin & Restorative Yoga Asana
- Soothe the Subtle Body

This training intensive will focus on the facilitation of Yin & Restorative Yoga for trauma healing and psychological wellness. Using philosophical cornerstones of Buddhism and Chinese Medicine, we will investigate methods to rest in the immediacy of the moment and heal ourselves and our practitioners.

As Yoga facilitators and practitioners, we must acknowledge every body comes with either recent or ancient wounds to their yoga mat. Integrating wisdom disciplines with the psychological understanding of the nervous system, musculo-skeletal response to stress, and longevity of connective tissue, we will provide a format for responding to the fluctuations of a life lived in awareness.

TOPICS COVERED:
- Principles of Yin Yoga
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Asana Labs/Posture Clinics
- Breath & Lines of Energy
- Fight or Flight Response
- Traditional Chinese Medicine Meridians & Organ health
- Mapping the Subtle Body
- Noble Truths & the Eightfold Path
- Yoga for Trauma Healing & PTSD
- Methods of Mindfulness: Shamata & Vipassana
- Buddhist Principles, Philosophy, & Psychology

TUITION - $1250
Tuition includes shared accommodation & 3 vegetarian meals a day

EARLYBIRD DISCOUNT of $150 OFF until April 1, 2020: Use the code - EARLY108

** Double & Private accommodation also available.

DURGAEXCURSIONS.COM

ABOUT THE FACILITATORS

KALI BASMAN
KaliDurgaYoga.com
International and intentful Yin & Restorative Yoga teacher of teachers, Kali Basman, offers an intermingling of wisdom disciplines: Foundations of Buddhist mindfulness, the pranic pathways of Traditional Chinese Medicine meridians, physiology of the nervous system, and individual-informed anatomy.
Leading yin and mindfulness focused trainings and retreats across the globe, Kali pays reverence to her lineage of teachers, Sarah Powers, Jack Kornfield, Judith Hanson Lasater and more.
“Kali is the definition of wisdom. I feel held in such an intuitive deep space. Her teachings are enlightening and expanding. I feel this knowledge will stay with me forever,
“Eloquent and concise, Kali speaks of ancient wisdom,

KYLIE ROSWELL
KylieRoswell.com
Kylie Roswell is an energetic Vinyasa & Iyengar teacher spreading joy through yoga. Teaching from her heart-center, she connects the origins of love and spontaneous flow to refined dedication to a structured practice. Kylie is known to weave intentional Mantra music with her well-traveled ukulele, who has guest starred in yoga classes in India, Bali, and beyond.
“Kylie is an exceptional teacher, spirit, and guide. Some of my all time favorite yang classes, very vitalizing and joyful.,
“Kylie is approachable, down to earth and passionate. She gives so much of herself to teach and guide us. Her yang flows were centering, healing, her singing and words of wisdom and encouragement were inspiring. Her life experience brought greatness to the training.,
“Soft and gentle yet strong and outgoing,

About the retreat setting
Mantiou Spring's SunMountain Center. Nestled near the base of Pikes Peak and adjacent to the majestic Garden of the Gods Park, the SunMountain Center is a creative sanctuary for wellness and serenity. Steeped in history and local lore, the two historic Manitou Springs, CO properties offer lodging accommodations with miles of rustic walking, meditation trails and an on-site organic farm. The world-class urban farm property provides inspiration through nature, art, and locally sourced cuisine. The six acres of terraced gardens, with stunning views of the surrounding mountains, are home to chickens, geese, and rabbits as well as Jezebel the resident pig. A world away from the hustle and bustle of city living, SunMountain is the perfect retooling and refueling escape with the neighboring SunWater Spa, Hot Mineral Springs & Garden of the Gods.

"This training has deeply touched my soul in ways I will forever appreciate!" - Practitioner, Yin TT, Bhakti Yoga Shala, Los Angeles

"I feel connected to myself and inspired after the training. I feel like this was the beginning of a new journey to the self and in the world." - Practitioner, Yin TT, Bhakti Yoga Shala, Los Angeles
Kali Basman & Kylie Roswell

Durga Excursions
5 Elements Yin Yoga Teacher Trainings & Retreats