Staying in the moment

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
birdyroger

Staying in the moment

Post by birdyroger »

I suppose that this is a really very personal discovery, but I just wanna share with you-all how happy I am to have discovered that staying in the moment is a very excellent boredom eradicator. In the past I found doing my hour long session to be drudgery because I was always looking at my watch and looking into the future. Now, if I just stick with staying the present moment, doing a whole hour is easy and satisfying.
Yin Yoga fanatic
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

I like Sam Harris' definition: "Boredom is simply the lack of paying attention." :wink:
birdyroger

Boredom

Post by birdyroger »

I like Meher Baba's definition of boredom also: Boredom is the clamor of unfulfilled desires. In any case, for our purposes here lack of paying attention is better.
Yin Yoga fanatic
birdyroger

Paying attention

Post by birdyroger »

Usually pay attention is about something driven by some desire, often wanting to know something. Meditation would be the paying attention to absolutely Nothing/Everything.
Yin Yoga fanatic