Fascial Blaster - Ashley Black - Experience or Opinions

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Judy

Fascial Blaster - Ashley Black - Experience or Opinions

Post by Judy »

Just wondering if anyone has had experience with the 'fascia blaster' by Ashley Black. I just finished her book and she is helping to educate folks on the various types of fascia etc. But is her tool a benefit in assisting folks to release adhesions & restrictions? Is it hype or is there something to it? Are the benefits any greater than other types of 'rollers'?
Judy Farniok
Shorewood Minnesota
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

I am not familiar with her book...what is she recommending you do?
Bernie
Judy

Fascial Blaster

Post by Judy »

Ashley Black published a book in 2017 titled The Cellulite Myth - It's not Fat its Fascia. She has a line of tools that you can use to massage the body to facilitate breaking up restrictions, adhesions etc. She refers to herself as a fascioligist.
Judy Farniok
Shorewood Minnesota
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Well, I can tell you that at least one very knowledgeable person doesn't hold much respect towards "blasting fascia"! Here are 2 videos from Gil Hedley on this topic:

Gil Hedley: Cellulite speech 1
Gil Hedley: Cellulite speech 2

Enjoy!