Qi Gong and Yoga

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Nick

Qi Gong and Yoga

Post by Nick »

I'm really interested in the intersection between qi gong and hatha yoga. I was wondering if anyone knew of some good resources (aside from yin yoga) for studying this topic. I'm particularly interested in learning ways of incorporating qi gong into my yoga practice. I'd like to make my yoga practice more "energy-based" by incorporating qi gong principles/movements, if that makes sense.
Bernie

Qi Kong studies within a yogic context

Post by Bernie »

Paul Grilley studied extensively with Dr. Hiroshi Motoyama, so if you are interested in learning how Indian maps of energy compare with the Daoist maps, you can read Dr. Motoyama's books, or take Paul's extended course on Chakra theory or view his Chakra DVD. For a more pure Chinese point of view, check out Mantak Chia's site. finally, if you are interested in a Western view of Eastern energy, read the books by Dr. James Oschman.

Good luck!