Thoughts on YogaAlign

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
dbw

Thoughts on YogaAlign

Post by dbw »

Mechaelle Edwards Write son Synovitis and labral tears from lax lig. of sacral joint and hip and SSS
"Straight-legged forward bend compromises posture. Trying to bend the body into a right angle creates huge pressure in the lower back and sacrum. Even if it feels 'easy' for the flexible folks, doing right angle poses for years can stretch out the natural shock-absorbing angle in the sacrum. This leads to what I call Sagging Sacrum Syndrome (SSS). With the sacrum sagging, the breastbone goes down, the head goes forward, and the weight from the upper body compresses the hip and knee joints, possibly leading to hip and knee pain and eventually replacements."
thoughts on this in regards to Yin Yoga?
DBW
Bernie

How to critically analyze articles yourself

Post by Bernie »

I would recommend that you check out the November, 2013 edition of the YinSights Newsletter. Both Paul Grilley and I offer some thoughts on these kinds of statements and articles.

Cheers
Bernie
Bernie

Another thought

Post by Bernie »

You could also check out my editorial on Elephant Journal.