Earthing

Please use this forum for asking questions or offering comments arising from the 50-Hour Online Yin Yoga Teacher Training conducted by Bernie Clark, Diana Batts and Yoga International.
NursewitchieUK

Earthing

Post by NursewitchieUK »

I’m reading Clinton Ober’s and have just read about ‘the living matrix’ think I’m right but this is fascia isn’t it? This book is mind blowing, am still making my way through James Oschman’s book which is also incredible
Shine on
Bernie

Re: Earthing

Post by Bernie »

In James Oschman's view, the matrix is fascial, yes. I suspect, however, that Ober means more than the fascia as he also includes the body's ability to neutralize free radicals with the living matrix. So, maybe Ober is looking beyond what Oschman meant, but it is safe to say it includes fascia at the very least.
NursewitchieUK

Post by NursewitchieUK »

Thanks Bernie, have just read a Paul Grilley quote about this in my manual from level 1 training I did with Sarah Lo, “connective tissue is a living matrix giving energy to every tissue, cell and organ in the body” but thinking about your reply, Ober does seem to be casting his net wider than just fascia. I’ve also just started listening to Lifespan on my daily commute and suspect that once I get past the genetics, free radicals and inflammation are going to come into the equation again, As a health professional, all this research is giving me many lightbulb moments as so many people with chronic conditions that “medicine” can’t come up with a cause for are clearly down to inflammation. I’ve learnt more about anatomy and physiology that is actually useful and relevant from you, Paul, Tom Myers, Gil Hedley, Vanda Scaravelli and Peter Blackaby than in my nurse training and post graduate advanced practitioner training!!!
Shine on
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

It is a fascia-nating subject, and to be fair to your prior trainings, we are only just learning about much of it. Hopefully, in 10 years, basic training in medicine will include all this. :-)
NursewitchieUK

Post by NursewitchieUK »

Ha fascia nating I like that!!! I truly hope this new knowledge does come into medical and nursing training ASAP, some of my colleagues look at me when I talk about this stuff like I’ve lost the plot until I hit them with the science. I bought a PEMF/infrared/photo therapy and crystal vest whoa I feel so much better!!!!
Shine on