An Enjoyable Wall Sequence

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
Deborrah

An Enjoyable Wall Sequence

Post by Deborrah »

I would like to share a Yin wall sequence that I use frequently in my classes. It is very popular and often requested. It is especially enjoyable if the legs feel tired or achey after hiking or sight-seeing.

Caterpillar up-the-wall~ buttocks at wall, legs straight but relaxed, arms in cowboy surrender or low V by the hips.
Dragonfly at-the-wall~ open legs into a wide V
Stirrup at the wall~narrow the V slightly and then slide the heels down the wall, knees shoulder distance apart, feet flat on the wall
Compass~ one leg straight up the wall, the other leg dropping out to the side along the wall, support under the lower leg if necessary to keep opposite shoulder resting on mat. Repeat on other side.
Half-Shoelace up-the-wall~ start with legs straight up the wall. Cross one leg over the other and slide that foot down the wall towards opposite hip. Hands may rest on knees, shoulders relaxed toward the mat. Repeat other side. (this feels especially nice after Compass)
Reclined Twist at-the-wall~ from straight leg position, bend knees and draw them to the chest. Drop both knees to one side, opposite shoulder relaxed downward toward mat. May support under bottom knee or between knees. Arms in cowboy surrender or out in a T from the shoulders. Head turns away from direction of knees. Repeat other side.

:)
lmm667

Thanks for sharing!

Post by lmm667 »

I've used this as well and it's always a big hit and nice for a change.
cckiwi

wall sequence

Post by cckiwi »

Hi
lovely wall sequence.
is the shoelace one like a half butterfly position with foot resting on thigh?
many thanks
Deborrah

Half Shoelace up the wall

Post by Deborrah »

Half Shoelace up the wall is similar to Half Shoelace in a seated position, without the forward fold. One leg is straight, the other knee bends and the sole of the foot of the bent leg slides down the wall towards the opposite hip. Hands can rest on the top knee.