asanas to stimulate the lung/large intestine meridian

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
eharlan

asanas to stimulate the lung/large intestine meridian

Post by eharlan »

Hello....Just getting ready to conduct a Autumn Yin Workshop... which is generally associated with stimulating the Lung/Large Intestine meridians. So wanted to add some asanas for these meridians. Have been reading and searching and can't find much on these particular meridians....as these are generally more upper body. Is it just by adding arms overhead or out stretched in any yin asana that the lungs and large intestine meridians are stimulated? Are there specific yin asanas the stimulate these meridians?

Thank you !
Bernie

Heart and Lung Meridians

Post by Bernie »

I have a mantra that I love to sing to the students during a yin class: "If you are feeling it, you are doing it." This applies to the meridian lines too. If you feel a stress along the arms where the meridians run, then you are indeed activating and stimulating the heart/small intestine and lungs/large intestine meridians.

There are several ways to stimulate these areas. I described several upper body Yin Yoga postures in a recent YinSights Newsletter. Check out Newsletter #6 and see if these suggestions get you where you need to go.

Cheers!
Bernie
eharlan

Post by eharlan »

Thank you Bernie.....I remember that from your book and it's a great "mantra" and definitely simplifies things! Just never thought of it in a broader sense (ie meridians). And I will read the Newsletter.

Merci

Evelyn H