Traditional Chinese Medicine & Yin Yoga

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
sean.guinan

Traditional Chinese Medicine & Yin Yoga

Post by sean.guinan »

(Question) Hey there yin yoga folks! I'm wondering if you all would be interested in an in-depth training(s) in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)?

I'm an acupuncturist and yin yoga teacher trainer. I've long felt that yin yoga students and teachers could benefit from a more solid understanding of the principles and practices of TCM.

I've noticed that most folks teaching or practicing yin yoga don't have extensive training in meridian theory, the five elements, yin & yang theory, and the eight principles among other things. There's also a gap in knowledge around how eastern nutrition, tuina/acupressure, seasonal living, nature connection, constitutional alignment, and TCM body practices can influence their yoga practice, relationships, and overall health.

So here's my question (it's really two, actually): 1) as a yin yoga teacher or student, would you be interested in learning more about the foundations of TCM relative to your yoga practice?; and 2) would you also be interested in taking it one step further, and learn the other branches of TCM that can help amplify the health of your body, mind, & relationships?

AND...if TCM interests you, would you be more inclined toward an in-person training OR online training? (or both?)

I'd love to hear any thoughts, insights, or questions! BIG thanks! :D