How often should you Yin?

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
isabel

How often should you Yin?

Post by isabel »

Hi Bernie,

I love this forum! I will be on here for the next few weeks or years reading all of these great articles!! :D

One of my students asked me how often she should do a Yin practice the other day and I was a bit stumped. I enjoy doing a Yin pose most days but I was unsure of what to advise students. I think there is no specific amount and it depends on your anatomy and lifestyle. I usually go with 'everything in moderation'.

What do you think?

Thank you,
Issie
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Issie ... your student's question is a goodie and an oldie. You find a couple of threads discussing it here and here.

Cheers
Bernie
DonaldMDy

Post by DonaldMDy »

In my expirience Isabel, you should do it in moderation and must listen to your body as it needs to recover. If any of your students feel pain or sensitivity then they should lessen the frequency. There is no magic number here.
Being down is another excuse to stand up