Stomach rumble

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Isabelle

Stomach rumble

Post by Isabelle »

Hi ! :)

I often notice stomach rumble (noises of borborygmus) emitted by the students during the course (morning, 10:00). How does the practice of Yin Yoga promote these sounds? Can we believe that they can be beneficial?

Have a very great day !!
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Hi Isabelle - which "course" are you talking about? I have no idea how/why Yin Yoga might promote such rumbling...it hasn't happened in my experience. Maybe it is breakfast being digested? Lying on the belly might cause such reactions, but I would only be speculating to suggest a connection between Yin Yoga and the noises you were observing. Cheers! Bernie
Isabelle

Post by Isabelle »

Hi Bernie !

It's a Yin Yoga class. I observe the stomach rumble in the final torsion for sure. Next time, I will pay attention at what moment or asana I hear the digestive sound !

Thank you and have a great day !! :)

Isabelle