TT with no RYT

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
DanH

TT with no RYT

Post by DanH »

bernie,
can one enroll in a Yin TT with years of yang experience, but with no RYT certification?
please advise...
cheers,
daniel
Bernie

Do you have to be a teacher to attend the Yin Yoga TT?

Post by Bernie »

You do not need to be a yoga teacher to attend the Yin Yoga Teacher Training. Many of our students are not teacher and attend simply to learn more about Yin Yoga and more about themselves. However, we will not teach you how to teach yoga: for that you do need to take a 200 hour yoga teacher training program. However, if you are already a yoga teacher, the week will teach you how to add Yin Yoga to your repertoire.

We will certify that you attended the course, however we do not “certify” you as a teacher or even as a Yin Yoga teacher. This topic has been explained in greater detail in this thread in the Forum and we invite to read that post to understand what is needed to be 200 and 500 hour trained and certified.

Cheers
Bernie
DanH

Post by DanH »

Bernie you are a prince,
I'm in a 200 hour program in Scottsdale AZ now, which I'll finish up over the next couple months, then there are a several Yin TT's I'd like to take.
I started my personal Hatha practice in 1972 which segued into a daily, modified, practice of the primary series. Many other practices and interests joined along the way including a deeply committed meditation practice. Never even thought about teaching until my recent encounter with Yin. I'm aging and in turn my practice is following the line of Krishnamachria as he aged, less asana, more pranayama and meditation and in my case perhaps the addition of Yin Yoga.
We will definitely be in touch as things on my side come together. have a good, long time, actress friend living in Vancouver, so housing is already taken care of, all I need to do is get there. In the meantime I have ordered Sally Power's DVD, a couple books and I have your most excellent website to keep me occupied.
Thank you, Thank you,
See you in the comics...
Daniel
Bernie

Post by Bernie »

Take care, Daniel.