Should we do Yin Yoga after running?

Please use this forum to ask any questions you may have about yoga in general or Yin Yoga in particular, or to discuss anything you have discovered that may be of general interest. Note, spam will be removed and the user deleted, and this includes putting website in your posting that are purely commercial.
Bernie

Should we do Yin Yoga after running?

Post by Bernie »

I recently received this question:
  • A yoga instructor, whose credentials I do not know, told me that one shouldn't do Yin Yoga immediately after running. No explanation, just so stated. If true, I would like to know why as I find that I want to do Yin after running. Also, the gym I go to often schedules Yin right after a cycle class and that seems to be fine. I have told you before that your book is an inspiration; I am grateful to have found it.
Hi Deborah.

Are you asking me why that instructor said what she said? I am sorry, I don’t know why she said that. You should ask her.

I do Yin Yoga after running. In my book, which I am glad you like, there is a section called “When to do Yin Yoga”. You can read an earlier version of this chapter online here. There are no absolutes and any time you do yin yoga you can reap some benefits. It, as always, comes down to your intention.

In my new (upcoming) Yin Yoga Insight Newsletter (around mid-December 2015), I will expand on this topic while discussing whether Hot Yin makes sense.

Cheers
Bernie