Room chatter during the Dragons

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
Bernie

Room chatter during the Dragons

Post by Bernie »

I recently received the following question:
  • Here is my question for you. I have noticed that everytime I take my yin class in to dragon pose the room chatter increases. What can you recommend as the best solution to get the room chatter to stop? The only answer I could come up with is a reminder that this can be a hard time for us to settle, you may want to focus on tour breath and body. Even use more props for this pose. It was brought to my attention this morning that class was great except for some people talking and as I thought over the class the only time chatter seems to come in is during dragons. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,
Dragon roars: yes - the issues in our tissues do have a way of expressing themselves. I generally warn students ahead of time that we all have issues in our tissues, our emotions are embodied! (Where else would they be? In an Apple cloud server?) The yogis long ago noticed that our hips are the storehouse for the emotions of anger, resentment, frustration. So, don’t be surprised if you feel mildly pissed off in the Dragons. For the Daoist, this is Gall Bladder and Liver energy being released: again the home of anger.

I find that warning students that this may happen helps to prepare them for the intensity of the experience. I don’t get so much chatter as you experienced. If chatter did continue, I would have to ask them all to calm down and come back inside their experiences, rather than verbally fidget.

Hope this helps!
Cheers
Bernie