Excerpt in Sarah Powers's book... Help.

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
csynnottj

Excerpt in Sarah Powers's book... Help.

Post by csynnottj »

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for an excerpt in the book of Sarah Powers.
She talks about a sequence for a specific meridian (which I don't remember) and wrote something like
"This sequence brings a lot of emotions, that's why I put this pose (?) in the middle, so it will give you a break"
I can't find it, I've been going through her book (in diagonal) a few times now...
Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Thanks for helping!

Catherine
Bernie

Finding Sarah's wisdom

Post by Bernie »

The quote you are seeking doesn't ring a bell with me, but maybe you can make your search easier by using Amazon's Look Inside feature.Visit the Amazon page with Insight Yoga, and click on the book to activate the Look Inside feature, type in "emotion" in the search box, and see what comes up.

Good luck!
csynnottj

Found it.

Post by csynnottj »

Thank you Bernie for answering.
Fortunately (!) I was not able to find a version on-line and do a search in the text :). I love her book so much, I just red it again...
I finally found the excerpt I was looking for. P. 67.
A lot of external hip openers tend to be challenging for people, Sarah placed a Kidney pose at the beginning and in the middle of the sequence "to restore vitality along the way and assist in persevering in the face of strong sensations and, at times, emotions."