Gall Bladder Removal and Meridian stimulation

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
Karen 2E

Gall Bladder Removal and Meridian stimulation

Post by Karen 2E »

Hi Bernie,

A student asked me what would stimulating the Gall Bladder Meridian affect, now that her gall bladder has been removed. I thought that it was a good question and I did mention that it isn't always just the gall bladder that is being stimulated, but the function and related organs. Any further attempt to find additional info were unsuccessful.

Thanks for your input.
Bernie

What happens if you don't have a gall bladder?

Post by Bernie »

Hi Karen

This is a great question, which does come up from time to time. Think of it like this - every cell in your body needs the function of our organs. All cells need to "breathe" in oxygen, even though they don't have lungs. The Lung meridians help. All cells need to metabolize energy, the Liver function. The Liver meridians help. All cells need the Gall Bladder function too, even if we no longer have a gall bladder. What is the function of the GB, according to TCM? I asked a friend who is a TCM practitioner. Here is her reply:

• The gall bladder energy can be imagined as the seed just as it sprouts. It is where our courage stems from: it is the energy of the pioneer whenever that is called for in our life. It is a part of the wood element: our wood energy loves to move and flow, it loves to be, which is the perfect combination found in Yin Yoga. All yin yoga poses would in my opinion stimulate the Gall bladder even if not activating the meridian itself.

Wood energy is about clarity and when in balance being able to see and then take action.

We all need this, even if we don't have an actual gall bladder. For a more extensive look at the Wood Element you can read the article posted by Cathy Keenan.

I hope this helps.
Cheers
Bernie
Ckeenan

Gall Bladder meridian Question

Post by Ckeenan »

Bernie, I couldn't have answered this question more beautifully! You are right on! It is the energetics of the system that is important and even when we do not have that specific organ anymore we still need the energetics of that system in the body.

Hope that helps!
:)
Cathy