Sequencing for a Comprehensive Practice

Check this forum for suggestions on Yin Yoga flows, sequences and postures, as well as HOW to practice Yin Yoga.
Nick

Sequencing for a Comprehensive Practice

Post by Nick »

I would love any suggestions for sequencing a comprehensive Yin practice for a daily routine of one to two hours. For example, would you recommend rotating certain set sequences (e.g., a hip series, spine series, etc.) on a daily basis?

Also, is it necessary to balance our Yin practice with a Yang (yoga) practice if we exercise daily?

Thank you!
Bernie

Rotating practice

Post by Bernie »

Hi Nick

Certainly it is a good idea to do both yin and yang practices: people tend to do what they like, not what they need. Don't fall in love with Yin Yoga at the expense of your yang yoga. How much of each is very individual and may vary through the seasons, and depend upon what's happening in your life. I tend towards a 50/50 split.

As to sequencing, there are lots of threads on that topic here in the Forum, and it is discussed in my books: for example this section of YinSights talks to it.

There are also many example sequences shown/offered on the YinYoga YouTube Channel.

Cheers
Bernie
Nick

Post by Nick »

Thanks Bernie. I was just curious to see if there were recommended sequences for each major meridian that could be rotated to form a comprehensive practice (similar to vinyasa yoga). I'll continue to explore the resources you suggested. The book Insight Yoga looks promising in this regard.